Who Are We?
Kenton Baptist is a local church in rural Kentucky just south of Cincinnati, Ohio. We have been serving the people in the Kenton area for over seventy-five years. Our goal is to draw closer to Jesus Christ every day, as we grow in our relationship with Him and in our relationships with one another. We hope youll join us!
Click here to see our Basic Beliefs
Kenton Baptist Church was organized on November 7, 1937, with nine charter members and four candidates for baptism. By September of 1939 the membership had grown to fifty-seven and the church applied for admittance to the North Bend Association of Baptists (now called Northern Kentucky Baptist Association). Weekly services, held in the Kenton Station Road Building, began in 1945 after eight years of bi-weekly worship.
Ground-breaking for the basement of the current facility was held on April 11, 1965. In November of that year, Sunday School was held for the last time at the old building, after which the church members marched up Highway 177 to the new church for the first worship service. The sanctuary (upper level) was added in 1970.
From the beginning, Kenton Baptist has been a mission-minded church. In May of 1939, five dollars was sent to the Cooperative Program. Although a seemingly small amount, it was a great sacrifice of love at the time. Today the church continues to support the Cooperative Program, Northern Kentucky Baptist Association, Oneida Bible Institute, and many other missionary needs both far away and local.
God has truly blessed Kenton Baptist over the years and we continue to see His blessings today. Our hope is that God would be glorified through changed lives because of Jesus Christ, both in our community and around the world.